MANDATORY LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
* Possession of or ability to obtain driver's license valid in Washington within 30 days of hire
* Successful completion of CJIS Background check.
* A Central Computerized Enforcement Service System (ACCESS) certification upon
* Required to obtain and preserve CPR/AED Certification within six (6) months of
* Must be prepared to stay in the Center for the full scheduled shift. Uninterrupted lunch
and breaks are not guaranteed.
* Position is extremely stressful, emotionally charged and plays a critical role in public
safety service delivery. Must take information from callers who may be excited, abusive,
foulmouthed, incoherent, drunk or hysterical.
* Work is performed in a low-light and confined environment.
* The employee is subject to "call back" on short notice.
* May be asked to participate in Police/Fire/EMS ride-alongs.
PHYSICAL, SENSORY AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
* Individual must sit or stand while observing a computer display screen for long,
uninterrupted periods of time. Individual must have adequate hearing and visual acuity,
including the ability to accurately distinguish colors, to operate successfully in this
* Must continually demonstrate a high level of mental and emotional stability.
* Individuals must be free from physical, sensory or mental impairments that with or without
reasonable accommodation would interrupt continuous performance of a shift lasting from
eight to twelve hours.
* Accurately type 35 net words per minute while listening and conversing simultaneously.
* Ability to read and discern visual images on a variety of media, to include small liquid
crystal displays offering very little brightness/darkness contrast, standard flat panel
computer monitors, printed matter that has been reduced to less than normal size type,
multi-colored indicator lights which have differing flash rates and color which indicate the
status of electronic functions.
* Ability to pass a hearing test in accordance with NENA hearing standards